As Nova Scotians and New Brunswickers slowly work back towards some normalcy amid the Covid-19 pandemic, I would like to assure our customers and suppliers that we are keeping a close eye on the changing circumstances. Hopefully, the changes we have enacted since the state of emergency was declared are working out in everyone’s best interest. To highlight some of those changes:
- Closing our offices
- Moving staff home to work
- Emailing delivery tickets to cut down on contact
- Ceasing COD at the door deliveries to reduce contact
- Keeping one truck dedicated to one driver
- Social distancing
- Providing drivers with proper Covid-19 PPE
- Using electronic transfer of information and data
- Our “Go Green” initiative to reduce paper use and contact
For the immediate future staff will continue to work from home and, as always, Maritime Fuels will continue to respect the health protocols of our chief medical officers both provincially and federally.
We continue to be open to suggestions as to how to improve our operations during these times of uncertainty. Please feel free to drop us a message on our Live Chat found on our website.