Employee Health & Safety
During the pandemic of COVID-19, we want to notify the Maritime Fuels team that we are doing everything in our power to provide a safe work environment for all employees. There have been numerous steps taken in the past week to elevate our health and safety practices so that our employees can work without concern.
The following are the health and safety measures Maritime Fuels has taken:
- Offices are closed to the general public.
- All work-related travel has been canceled.
- All face-to-face meetings with vendors and customers have been canceled.
- Each driver has been assigned their own truck. No more truck sharing.
- Truck cabs are sanitized, and drivers have been provided COVID-19 PPE.
- No COD’s orders are to be taken. Only charge or pre-pay deliveries are accepted.
- All Department of Health directives are being & will continue to be followed.
- All face-to-face meetings with Maritime Fuels employees have been canceled.
- Toolbox meetings and Safety Meetings are now taking place by phone/Skype.
- Social distancing is practiced while in the workplace.
- Sanitizing tools have been placed strategically around the offices for employee use.
- Employees traveling outside the country have been asked to self-isolate for 14 days.
Because the nature of COVID-19 is ever-changing, any new rules being enforced by the World Heath Organization (WHO), Federal Government or Provincial Government, will be regularly updated on this site.
If employees are sent home/choose to stay home because they present any of the symptoms related to COVID-19 we ask that all employees take the necessary steps to ensure their health and safety by conducting a Self Assessment. Please visit https://when-to-call-about-covid19.novascotia.ca/en to complete the assessment. For information regarding COVID-19 in New Brunswick please visit:
If you have any other questions or concerns regarding COVID-19, the Federal Government’s website is a useful tool to answer questions regarding the virus and to provide information.