Position: Fuel Delivery Driver- Construction Shift HRM
Status: Full-Time, Seasonal
Schedule: 12 noon to 12 midnight. The position will be on a 3-2-2-3 rotation.
Location: Halifax Regional Municipality, NS
Start Date: May 1, 2022
Applications will be accepted up until 5:00 pm Atlantic time, February 2, 2022
What’s in it for you?
- Best in class health and dental benefits
- Competitive wages
- A safe workplace
- Employer matched retirement savings plan
- Annual incentive bonus
What will you be doing?
- Driving delivery truck safely, adhering to all DOT regulations and procedures
- Working with our dispatch team to coordinate deliveries to residential and commercial customers
- Loading delivery truck with required product while adhering to all safety standards
- Completing daily shift reports and other required paperwork
- Completing pre and post trip inspections
- Attending mandatory safety meetings.
Do you have what it takes?
- Valid class 3 drivers license with air brake endorsement required
- High School diploma or G.E.D required
- Basic mathematical skills and computer skills required
- Clean drivers abstract
- Capable of doing very physical work
- Able to work flexible shifts, including shift work and on-call duties
- Relevant driving experience preferred
- Previous fuel experience is considered an asset
- Ability to operate standard and automatic transmissions required
- TDG, WHMIS, and First Aid Certification are considered an asset
- Strong commitment to safety
- Positive attitude and strong customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Integrity and ethical work standards.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.